papillon

The travels and travails of a wandering butterfly.

Monday, September 24, 2007

it goes on...

Banner day! I rarely write blogs when I'm home, but today is just too good! Firstly, since I've been back I've been working practically non-stop, but also hosting a girl from France who's studying at my school. She's staying with me until she finds a place of her own. Not only is she really cool, but she's lived in India and has the same spiritual vocabulary (for lack of a better term) that I do. THEN, these two Welsh girls wrote to me on couchsurfing.com and asked to stay, so they're here too. We spent a good part of the weekend going to parties, dancing and having a good ol' time. We even did this qi gong healing ceremony in Lithia Park with 100 other people. Yeah, it's a hippy town.
So, today... I got the only non"A" grade I've received here at SOU (a B+ in Sociology of Religion) changed to an "A"!! Not an A minus, mind you, an A. And, what's better is that it was only a matter of looking at my records with my professor. He had mistakenly left off one of my homework assignments and some extra credit that I did. I suppose I shouldn't be so excited about it, but I've never before been a straight A student, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Additionally, I wrote about my summer in French for my French department head, and she's deemed me proficient enough to skip a level! Not only does that mean that I graduate in time, but also I get to learn with students who are better than I am. Yay for that.

My other news: I found a United Nations affiliated graduate school in Costa Rica with an International Peace Studies program. I spoke with someone who went there, and I'm planning to apply. By that time I think I'll be ready to study Spanish again, though my classes would be in English, and I figure there will at least be a few other francophones there to practice French with.

Okay, done tooting my little horn. Just bursting with gratitude today. Trying out 20 units this term, wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger cianna said...

congratulations!
It's clearly the right time for you to be in school my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home