papillon

The travels and travails of a wandering butterfly.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

last gasp


Of Paris. I have some time to kill before bedtime so I'll write about my fabulous day before I snooze. Besides, I may not have access to the ney for awhile in Provence. I don't know how "provincial" it's going to be. A hahaha. Sorry.

Wore my new grey hat today and apparently I look more French wearing it. All day I was treated differently and stopped by French people and asked directions. It was great. After I left the internet placec thhis morning, I was hijacked into coffee with a couple of French-Egyptian guys, joined shortly by a Scottish woman. Had the hardest time extricating myself. There was insistence that I stay and have apertifs, and then wine. But I was determined to actually get to the Louvre today. Of course, when I got there it was closed. Yeah, I didn't make it yesterday. Haven't been up in the Eiffel Tower either. I suppose I'll do them both later. How is it that I've been here twice without doing these things?
I did, however spend quite a bit of money on some clothes today, but I'll have to write about that in the next installment.
Ciao!

added photo: a Cathedral down in the Marais District on a balmy night. Lots of outdoor cafes underneath and they were packed. On the way to dinner at Le Dome du Marais, the best dinner in Paris.

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger CorrieBorrie said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? Have I told you there's no one else above you? You fill my heart with gladness. Take away all my sadness. Ease my troubles, that's what you do.
How's that for provincial?

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Very Provincial Corrie, too, maybe.
I mean, ouch.

Carrie, just two days ago I had a lovely dinner with wine in Chateauneuf de Pape and I saw the Palace du Papes yesterday. I'm glad I have my bases covered. hanks for the comments y'all! It's nice to be connected while I'm away. I miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home