papillon

The travels and travails of a wandering butterfly.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

homeward bound!!!

Just a quick entry before I'm homeward bound tomorrow morning. It's been raining here a lot. In the breaks between the drops I've been riding a bike around town, shopping and getting supplies for Burning Man. Found some great boots and playa wear yesterday.
Spent Thursday and Friday in Belgium, in the most beautiful Medeival town called Bruge. It was a toss-up as to which town was the best to visit, and I am so glad we went there. It was touristy, but so amazing it didn't matter. It was like a mini Venice. Little canals and old (like 500 years) stone/brick buildings. It was small enough to walk around in about an hour. Thursday night there was an opera performed in a square in the middle of town, which I didn't see because it was blocked off, but the sound permeated the whole center of the town. The canals are beautifully lit and it was easy to imagine it being two or three hundred years earlier. Except no garbage in the streets. It was definitely on the top 3 list of places I've been. Had some Flemish stew for dinner. Awesome.
So I'm waking up before the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow and I arrive in Oakland around 11pm. Then off to the Burn. I'm crazy. I know.
Oh yeah, had my hair done today, among other things. I'll post the rest of my pics when I'm back from BM.

I'm back for real, for a couple of weeks, September 4th. By then I should have a phone again.

See you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home